DB2 UDB's High-Function Business Intelligence in e-business [electronic resource] / Alur, Nagraj
- Alur, Nagraj
- IBM Redbooks, 2002.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (270 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Haas, Peter, Momiroska, Daniela, Read, Paul, Summers, Nicholas, Totanes, Virginia, Zuzarte, Calisto, and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- This IBM Redbooks publication deals with exploiting DB2 UDB's materialized views (also known as ASTs/MQTs), statistics, analytic, and OLAP functions in e-business applications to achieve superior performance and scalability. This book is aimed at a target audience of DB2 UDB application developers, database administrators (DBAs), and independent software vendors (ISVs). We provide an overview of DB2 UDB's materialized views implementation, as well as guidelines for creating and tuning them for optimal performance. We introduce key statistics, analytic, and OLAP functions, and describe their corresponding implementation in DB2 UDB with usage examples. Finally, we describe typical business level queries that can be answered using DB2 UDB's statistics, analytic, and OLAP functions. These business queries are categorized by industry, and describe the steps involved in resolving the query, with sample SQL and visualization of results.
- 0738424609 and 9780738424606
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2002.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29279252