Digital Color Management: Encoding Solutions, 2nd Edition [electronic resource] / Giorgianni, Edward
- All successful imaging systems employ some form of color management for previewing, controlling and adjusting color throughout the image-production process. Today's increasingly complex systems pose challenging problems: they must support numerous devices and media having disparate color properties, and they also must provide for the interchange of images among dissimilar systems. In this book, the authors address and solve these problems using innovative methods of representing color in the digital domain. The second edition of this popular book explains the capabilities and limitations of existing color management systems and provides comprehensive practical solutions for communicating color within and among imaging systems, from the simplest to the most complex. Beginning with the fundamentals of color and human color perception, the book progresses to in-depth analyses of the nature of color images, digital color encoding, color management systems and digital color interchange. Fully revised and updated, this second edition of Digital Color Management features new and expanded coverage including: electronic displays and electronic imaging systems; scene-based and appearance-based color encoding methods; color management for digital cinema; a Unified Paradigm-a comprehensive, integrated color-managed environment for the color-imaging industry; four new chapters, two new appendices, and more than 80 new figures. This book is an essential resource for engineers, programmers and imaging professionals designing and engineering color-imaging systems and for others simply looking to increase their understanding of the field. Scientists, researchers, advanced undergraduates and graduate students involved in imaging technology also will find this book of significant interest and usefulness. Reviews for the first edition: 'The absence of unnecessary jargon, the impeccable writing style, the material depth leads only to one conclusion: If you buy one digital color book this year, buy this one.' W. David Schwaderer, Digital Camera Magazine 'It [Digital Color Management] fulfils the need among engineers and scientists for a comprehensive understanding of color management, imaging, media, viewing conditions, appearance and communication.' Arthur S. Diamond, Imaging News
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2008.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Wiley 2008
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29280246