- Creating and organizing successful photography exhibitions requires business finesse and expertise as well as artistic ability. Exhibiting Photography offers step-by-step guidance, paired with anecdotes and case studies of real situations to help photographers at any level improve their business skills, explore new exhibiting techniques and learn to self promote with confidence. Addressing the technical and aesthetic concerns of amateur and professional photographers, rarely discussed in such detail, Shirley Read's informative new book explores: .The process of finding the right exhibition space .How to design and install an exhibition .The right and wrong way to approach a gallery .How to navigate contracts .Pricing and selling .How to establish budgets and timetables Exhibiting Photography also includes documents and check-lists to help photographers stay organized and maximize the success of an exhibition. Enhance your artistic ability by mastering the fundamental social, strategic and organizational skills that successful photographers utilize when navigating the world of art exhibition and commerce.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2008.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29282631