- Activist hedge fund managers represent a small part of the $1.5 trillion hedge fund industry, but their approach is causing a stir among traditional managers and the investment community because they are shaking up the corporate establishment and making money for their investors. These types of managers are here to stay and Extreme Value Hedging tells the story of their rise to power in the U.S. and how they are spreading their influential gospel around the globe to places like China, Ukraine, South Korea and Sweden. Author Ronald D. Orol has a unique understanding of this world and through this book he shares his unparalleled insights in an easy to comprehend manner. He discusses everything from activist investor efforts to breakup the clubby insider world of corporate boardrooms to their deal-making or breaking pressure tactics and courtroom battles. Orol skillfully makes his case for each subject by offering revelations and examples from insiders like Ralph Whitworth, (Relational Investors), Guy Wyser-Pratte, (Wyser-Pratte Management), Mark Schwarz, (Newcastle Capital Group LLC), Robert Chapman (Chapman Capital), Phillip Goldstein (Opportunity Partners), Jeffrey Ubben (ValueAct Capital), Jeffrey M. Solomon (Ramius Capital Group LLC), Michael Van Biema (Van Biema Value Partners), Eric Rosenfeld (Crescendo Partners), Lars Förberg (Cevian Capital) and Emanuel Pearlman (Liberation Investment Group), among many, many others.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2008.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Wiley 2008
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29282877