- The leading Fedora book-over a quarter of a million copies sold of previous editions! What better way to learn Fedora 11 than with the leading Fedora book from the best-selling Linux author, Christopher Negus with Eric Foster Johnson? Whether you're new to Linux or an advanced user, this power-packed guide is loaded with what you need. Install, run, and manage the latest version of Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux-then polish your system administration skills and get up to speed on the very latest in networking, desktop, and server enhancements. Master the Linux shell, file system, and text editor; how to set up users and automate system tasks; and much more in over a thousand pages of step-by-step instruction. Boot the full DVD of Fedora 11, including almost all binary code packages, or do a Live Install of the CD for rescuing, troubleshooting, or installing Fedora. Fedora is a free, open source Linux operating system sponsored by Red Hat as an open source community project; the technological innovations from the Fedora Project are then implemented in Red Hat's commercial offering, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Covers step-by-step instructions for making Linux installation simple and painless; how to take advantage of the desktop interface (including coverage of AIGLX); and how to use the Linux shell, file system, and text editor Also covers setting up users; automating system tasks; backing up and restoring files; dealing with the latest security issues and threats; using and customizing the desktop menus, icons, window manager, and xterm; and how to create and publish formatted documents with Linux applications The DVD and CD that come with the book include Fedora Linux 11 and an official Fedora 11 LiveCD (bootable and installable) This is the book you need to succeed with Fedora 11 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2009.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Wiley 2009
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29283058