Fine Art Printing for Photographers, 3rd Edition [electronic resource] / Steinmueller, Uwe
- Steinmueller, Uwe
- Rocky Nook, 2013.
- 3rd edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (356 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Gulbins, Juergen and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Today's digital cameras continue to produce increasingly higher definition image data files, making high resolution, large-format output possible. As printing technology moves forward at an equally fast pace, the new inkjet printers are capable of printing with great precision at a very fine resolution, providing an amazing tonal range and significantly superior image permanence at a more affordable price. In the hands of knowledgeable photographers, these printers are able to produce prints that are comparable to the highest quality darkroom prints on fine art paper. The third edition of this best-selling book provides the necessary foundation for successful fine art printing: the understanding of color management, profiling, paper, and inks. It offers advice on selecting an appropriate printer for long-lasting fine art prints, demonstrates how to set up the printing workflow and select a suitable paper for your subject, and guides you step-by-step through the process of converting an image file to an outstanding fine art print. This new edition covers the most recent lines of high-end inkjet printers, photo papers, and devices for monitor and printer profiling. It also addresses the printing dialogs and some new features of Photoshop CS6.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2013.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Rocky Nook 2013 2013
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29283320