- In this book leading profesionals in the semiconductor microelectronics field discuss the future evolution of their profession. The following are some of the questions discussed: Does CMOS technology have a real problem? Do transistors have to be smaller or just better and made of better materials? What is to come after semiconductors? Superconductors or molecular conductors? Is bottom-up self-assembling the answer to the limitation of top-down lithography? Is it time for Optics to become a force in computer evolution? Quantum Computing, Spintronics? Where is the printable plastic electronics proposed 10 years ago? Are carbon nanotube transistors the CMOS of the future?
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2007.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Wiley-IEEE Press 2007
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29284127