- Learning the new system's programming language for all Unix-type systems About This Book Learn how to write system's level code in Golang, similar to Unix/Linux systems code Ramp up in Go quickly Deep dive into Goroutines and Go concurrency to be able to take advantage of Go server-level constructs Who This Book Is For Intermediate Linux and general Unix programmers. Network programmers from beginners to advanced practitioners. C and C++ programmers interested in different approaches to concurrency and Linux systems programming. What You Will Learn Explore the Go language from the standpoint of a developer conversant with Unix, Linux, and so on Understand Goroutines, the lightweight threads used for systems and concurrent applications Learn how to translate Unix and Linux systems code in C to Golang code How to write fast and lightweight server code Dive into concurrency with Go Write low-level networking code In Detail Go is the new systems programming language for Linux and Unix systems. It is also the language in which some of the most prominent cloud-level systems have been written, such as Docker. Where C programmers used to rule, Go programmers are in demand to write highly optimized systems programming code. Created by some of the original designers of C and Unix, Go expands the systems programmers toolkit and adds a mature, clear programming language. Traditional system applications become easier to write since pointers are not relevant and garbage collection has taken away the most problematic area for low-level systems code: memory management. This book opens up the world of high-performance Unix system applications to the beginning Go programmer. It does not get stuck on single systems or even system types, but tries to expand the original teachings from Unix system level programming to all types of servers, the cloud, and the web. Style and approach This is the first book to introduce Linux and Unix systems programming in Go, a field for which Go has actually been developed in the first place. Downloading the example code for this book. You can download the example code files for all Packt books you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this book elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the code file.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Packt Publishing
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29284995