Group Policy: Fundamentals, Security, and the Managed Desktop, 2nd Edition [electronic resource] / Moskowitz, Jeremy
- Moskowitz, Jeremy
- Sybex, 2013.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (912 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Safari Books Online (Firm)
- The Ultimate Book on Group Policy Freshly updated to include Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, Group Policy: Fundamentals, Security, and the Managed Desktop, Second Edition is the book for learning everything you need to know about Group Policy, no matter which version of Windows you use. Microsoft Group Policy MVP Jeremy Moskowitz covers it all-major Group Policy categories, what Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 bring to the table, and smart ways to tackle tough desktop management problems. Topics include troubleshooting, security, scripting, using Windows PowerShell when necessary, and much more. Inside this book, you'll learn to : Master all Group Policy functions of Windows, including Windows XP through Windows 8 and Windows Server 2003 through Windows Server 2012 Enhance your Group Policy reach with the Group Policy Preferences, ADMX files, and additional add-ons Use every feature of the GPMC and become a top-notch administrator Troubleshoot Group Policy using tools, logs, Resource Kit utilities, Registry hacks, and third-party tools Manage printers, restrict hardware, and configure Internet Explorer Deploy software to your desktops, set up roaming profiles, and configure Offline Files for all your Windows clients-and manage it all with Group Policy settings Secure your desktops and servers with AppLocker, Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, and the Security Configuration Manager Download bonus chapters and: Script complex GPMC operations with PowerShell, including linking, backup, restore, permissions changes, and more Create a "change management" system with Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM v4) Understand Windows Intune service and its relationship to Group Policy Coverage Includes: Updated GPMC New Windows 8 GPMC Features ADMX/ADML Files Group Policy Preferences Item-Level Targeting The Central Store AppLocker Fine-Grained Password Policy Offline Files Updates Inheritance Blocking Prioritization Linking Loopback Policy Processing Security Policy Processing Enforcing WMI Filters Third-Party Tools Cross-Forest Trusts Filters Commenting Searching Advanced Logging and Troubleshooting Advanced Auditing Controls Group Policy and VDI Security Configuration Manager Windows Intune Note: The ebook version does not provide access to the companion files.
- 9781118289402, 9781118331743, and 1118289404
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Sybex
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29285177