- The "Hands On" Manual for Cinematographers contains a wealth of information, theory, diagrams and tables on all aspects of cinematography. Widely recognised as the "Cinematographer's Bible" the book is organised in a unique manner for easy reference on location, and remains an essential component of the cameraman's box. Everything you need to know about cinematography can be found in this book - from camera choice, maintenance and threading diagrams; to electricity on location, equipment checklists, film stock, lenses, light and colour. Of particular use will be the mathematics, formulae, look up tables and step by step examples used for everything from imperial/metric conversions to electricity, exposure, film length, running times, lights and optics. Sections on special effects and utilities are also included as well as a list of useful websites. David Samuelson is a well known and respected cameraman who has been instrumental in fostering award winning new technical innovations. He is a technical consultant, lecturer and author of three other leading publications for Focal Press: The Panaflex User's Manual 2ED, Motion Picture Camera and Lighting Equipment and Motion Picture Camera Techniques.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 1998.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Routledge 1998 1998
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29285721