How Foundations Work: What Grantseekers Need to Know About the Many Faces of Foundations [electronic resource] / McIlnay, Dennis
- In this groundbreaking book, Dennis McIlnay offers a unique and remarkable look inside foundations--exploring the complex workings of the mysterious and often misunderstood organizations that so often determine the success or failure of a nonprofit's fund raising ventures. Drawing on his extensive research and on insights from foundations, McIlnay gives the grantseeker an edge in the highly competitive world of foundation grants by both debunking many of the myths and misconseptions surrounding foundations and including more productive strategies for dealing with them. Structured around six perceptions of foundations--judges, editors, citizens, activists, entrepreneurs, and partners--this book provides a thorough understanding of what makes foundations tick and how this affects their interations with nonprofits.
- 9780787940119 and 0787940119
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 1998.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Jossey-Bass 1998
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29286315