- Most used book by professionals in broadcast and post production video departments in the entertainment industry! HOW VIDEO WORKS (formerly Videotape Theory & Operations) offers to the working video professional or student a complete and thorough guide to understanding how the analog and digital broadcast video signal is captured, recorded, transmitted, and broadcast, and the equipment that supports that process. Written in an easy to understand style, this book has been a bible for professionals in the video world since 1985. Update your library with this new version of an industry standard. HOW VIDEO WORKS will give you: * New digital technologies including hi-definition, compression and encoding. * A hands-on approach to learning about video recording, transmission, and playback. * Complete glossary of terms covering both analog and digital video. * Clear and easy to understand explanations-perfect for the new technician or non-tech creative professional. Contents: * Overview/Introduction * Electronic Photography * Scanning * Synchronizing the Signal * Transmitting the Signal * Color Video * Color Monitor Setup * Analog Waveform Monitors * Analog Vectorscopes * The Encoded Signal * Digital Theory * Digital Television Standards * High Definition Video * Digital Scopes * Compression * Magnetic Media * Optical Media * TimeCode * Audio For Video * Operations Overview * Test Signals & Media Problems Diana Weynand is an award-winning producer, director, editor, and co-founder of Weynand Training International (www.weynand.com), who has led the way in training on emerging technologies for the entertainment industry since 1981. She spent time as a videotape operator and online editor for ABC, and as Supervising Editor for the Barbara Walters Specials. She has been a columnist for numerous trade magazines and written several books on Final Cut Pro. She currently writes a monthly column on Hi-Definition for the entertainment news magazine, "Below The Line." Marcus Weise has over thirty-five years experience in the television industry. As an expert in the new digital technology, he has operated in both production and post production as an Associate Director, Online Editor and a Technical Consultant. He designed and oversaw the construction and eventually the operation of worldwide cable television facilities for TV Guide in Hollywood. Among his many credits as a Hi-Definition online editor are CSI and CSI Miami.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2004.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Focal Press 2004 2004
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29286758