Implementing an IBM High-Performance Computing Solution on IBM Power System S822LC [electronic resource] / Quintero, Dino
- Quintero, Dino
- IBM Redbooks, 2016.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (342 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Huertas, Luis, Kamenoue, Tsuyoshi, dos Santos Moschetta, Wainer, de Oliveira, Mauricio, Pavlov, Georgy, Pozdneev, Alexander, and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- This IBM® Redbooks® publication demonstrates and documents that IBM Power Systems™ high-performance computing and technical computing solutions deliver faster time to value with powerful solutions. Configurable into highly scalable Linux clusters, Power Systems offer extreme performance for demanding workloads such as genomics, finance, computational chemistry, oil and gas exploration, and high-performance data analytics. This book delivers a high-performance computing solution implemented on the IBM Power System S822LC. The solution delivers high application performance and throughput based on its built-for-big-data architecture that incorporates IBM POWER8® processors, tightly coupled Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) and accelerators, and faster I/O by using Coherent Accelerator Processor Interface (CAPI). This solution is ideal for clients that need more processing power while simultaneously increasing workload density and reducing datacenter floor space requirements. The Power S822LC offers a modular design to scale from a single rack to hundreds, simplicity of ordering, and a strong innovation roadmap for graphics processing units (GPUs). This publication is targeted toward technical professionals (consultants, technical support staff, IT Architects, and IT Specialists) responsible for delivering cost effective high-performance computing (HPC) solutions that help uncover insights from their data so they can optimize business results, product development, and scientific discoveries
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © IBM Redbooks
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29287591