I. M. Wright's "Hard Code": A Decade of Hard-Won Lessons from Microsoft® [electronic resource] / Brechner, Eric
- Brechner, Eric
- Microsoft Press, 2011.
- 2nd edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (448 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Get the brutal truth about coding, testing, and project management-from a Microsoft insider who tells it like it is. I. M. Wright's deliberately provocative column "Hard Code" has been sparking debate amongst thousands of engineers at Microsoft for years. And now (despite our better instincts), we're making his opinions available to everyone. In this collection of over 80 columns, Eric Brechner's alter ego pulls no punches with his candid commentary and best practice solutions to the issues that irk him the most. He dissects the development process, examines tough team issues, and critiques how the software business is run, with the added touch of clever humor and sardonic wit. His ideas aren't always popular (not that he cares), but they do stimulate discussion and imagination needed to drive software excellence. Get the unvarnished truth on how to: Improve software quality and value-from design to security Realistically manage project schedules, risks, and specs Trim the fat from common development inefficiencies Apply process improvement methods-without being an inflexible fanatic Drive your own successful, satisfying career Don't be a dictator-develop and manage a thriving team! Companion Web site includes: Agile process documents Checklists, templates, and other resources
- 9780735663145, 9780735661707, 0735661707, and 0735663149
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2012.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © 2011 Microsoft Corporation 2012
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29287795