IT Organization: Building a Worldclass Infrastructure [electronic resource] / Kern, Harris
- Kern, Harris
- Pearson, 2000.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (188 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Galup, Stuart, Nemiro, Guy, and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- 2229H-4 Organizing IT for excellence in 21st century distributed environments Few organizations are achieving their goals for reliability, availability, and serviceability in distributed environments-and the obstacles aren't technical, they're organizational . How does one structure an IT organization to succeed with today's tools and architectures? IT Organization: Building a World-Class Infrastructure delivers realistic, specific answers that draw upon the experiences of more than 40 leading companies. You'll discover how to: Design your organization to deliver "any data, anywhere, anytime" Combine mainframe-class discipline with 21st century flexibility Treat your network like you treat your data center Organize around business-critical support functions instead of trendy technologies Establish standards without imposing rigidity -- and achieve discipline without bureaucracy Overcome the myths that prevent IT organizations from succeeding Harris Kern and his colleagues have built a worldwide reputation for evaluating IT organizations and identifying solutions -- fast . This concise, to-the-point book will help you do the same. Here are the right questions to ask, specific "people and process" techniques that work, sample SLAs and internal support agreements -- everything you need to make change happen, now!
- 9780130222985 and 0130222984
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2000.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- © Pearson Technology Group 2000
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29289569