- Master IT Project Management This practical, up-to-date guide explains how to successfully manage an IT project and prepare for CompTIA Project+ certification. IT Project Management: On Track from Start to Finish, Third Edition walks you through each step of the IT project management process, covering critical strategies for on-time and within-budget projects. You'll get proven methods for initiating a project, selecting qualified team members, conferring with management, establishing communication, setting realistic timetables, tracking costs, and closing a project. Learn how to: Define project requirements and create the project charter Create a feasibility study and establish project priority Determine strategy and obtain management approval Manage project scope and determine project expenses Build the project management plan Organize and lead a project team Track progress and calculate the Cost Performance Index (CPI) Implement changes to the project plan Perform continuous quality management Complete the project and assess deliverables On the CD: CompTIA Project+ practice exam Project management video training from the author Ready-to-use templates and worksheets Complete e-book Joseph Phillips , PMP, CompTIA Project+, is the Director of Education for Project Seminars. He is the author of PMP Project Management Professional Study Guide, Second Edition; CAPM/PMP Project Management Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Second Edition; CBAP Certified Business Analysis Professional All-in-One Exam Guide ; and PgMP Program Management Professional All-in-One Exam Guide .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2010.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © McGraw-Hill 2010 2010
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29289577