- PRACTICAL, EXAMPLE-RICH COVERAGE OF: Classes, Objects, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Interfaces, Nested Classes Integrated OOP Case Studies: Time, GradeBook, Employee Industrial-Strength, 95-Page OOD/UML ® 2 ATM Case Study JavaServer™ Faces, Ajax-Enabled Web Applications, Web Services, Networking JDBC™, SQL, Java DB, MySQL ® Threads and the Concurrency APIs I/O, Types, Control Statements, Methods Arrays, Generics, Collections Exception Handling, Files GUI, Graphics, GroupLayout, JDIC Using the Debugger and the API Docs And more... VISIT WWW.DEITEL.COM For information on Deitel's Dive Into ® Series corporate training courses offered at customer sites worldwide (or write to firstname.lastname@example.org) Download code examples Check out the growing list of programming, Web 2.0, and software-related Resource Centers To receive updates for this book, subscribe to the free DEITEL ® BUZZ ONLINE e-mail newsletter at www.deitel.com/newsletter/subscribe.html Read archived issues of the DEITEL® BUZZ ONLINE The practicing programmer's DEITEL ® guide to Java™ development and the Powerful Java™ Platform Written for programmers with a background in high-level language programming, this book applies the Deitel signature live-code approach to teaching programming and explores the Java language and Java APIs in depth. The book presents the concepts in the context of fully tested programs, complete with syntax shading, code highlighting, line-by-line code descriptions and program outputs. The book features 220 Java applications with over 18,000 lines of proven Java code, and hundreds of tips that will help you build robust applications. Start with an introduction to Java using an early classes and objects approach, then rapidly move on to more advanced topics, including GUI, graphics, exception handling, generics, collections, JDBC™, web-application development with JavaServer™ Faces, web services and more. You'll enjoy the Deitels' classic treatment of object-oriented programming and the OOD/UML ® ATM case study, including a complete Java implementation. When you're finished, you'll have everything you need to build object-oriented Java applications. The DEITEL® Developer Series is designed for practicing programmers. The series presents focused treatments of emerging technologies, including Java™, C++, .NET, web services, Internet and web development and more. PRE-PUBLICATION REVIEWER TESTIMONIALS "Presenting software engineering side by side with core Jav...
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2009.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- © Pearson Technology Group 2009
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29289834