JavaFX™: Developing Rich Internet Applications [electronic resource] / Clarke, Jim
- Clarke, Jim
- Addison-Wesley Professional, 2009.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (384 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Connors, Jim, Bruno, Eric, and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Build Rich Applications that Run on the Desktop, the Web, Mobile Devices...Anywhere! Using JavaFX, developers and graphic designers can work together to build robust, immersive applications and deploy them anywhere: on the desktop, on the Web, and on millions of Java-enabled mobile devices. JavaFX lets you maintain your existing graphics and seamlessly integrate them into Java applications. Plus, JavaFX Script is a declarative language that allows you to preserve your investment in the Java platform while allowing more creativity with JavaFX's Rich Internet Application environment. JavaFX™: Developing Rich Internet Applications brings together all the knowledge, techniques, and reusable code you need to quickly deliver production-quality solutions. Writing for both developers and designers, the authors explain how JavaFX simplifies and improves the RIA development process, and they show how to make the most of its ready-built components and frameworks. JavaFX™ covers everything from data integration to multimedia, special effects to REST. The authors present a full chapter of code recipes and a complete case study application. This book's wide-ranging content includes Building and running JavaFX programs Understanding the role of graphics designers in creating JavaFX Graphical Assets Writing fast, efficient JavaFX Script programs Using data binding to simplify Model-View-Controller application design Creating rich user experiences with JavaFX visual components Bringing user interfaces to life with lighting, reflection, and other special effects Adding motion with the JavaFX animation framework Incorporating pictures, sound, and videos in your applications Creating RESTful applications with JSON and XML Writing JavaFX applications that make the most of the underlying Java platform The Java™ Series is supported, endorsed, and authored by the creators of the Java technology at Sun Microsystems, Inc. It is the official place to go for complete, expert, and definitive information on Java technology. The books in this Series provide the inside information you need to build effective, robust, and portable applications and applets. The Series is an indispensable resource for anyone targeting the Java platform.
- 9780137013524, 013701287X, 9780137012879, and 0137013523
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2009.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc. 2009
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29289848