- A practical guide to Linux Mint for the novice to the professional In Detail Linux Mint is one of the most popular and proven distributions for beginners and advanced users alike. Out of the box hardware and multimedia support makes Mint your go-to choice for general computing. Its ease of use has transformed it into a celebrated Linux distribution. This is an all-inclusive guide to Linux Mint, and will teach you everything you need to know in order to use a Linux Mint system. The book starts with the installation process and covers task-oriented topics such as browsing the Internet and installing software as well as shell commands. This guide walks the reader through installing and maintaining Linux Mint on a personal computer. Using task-oriented examples, readers will journey through understanding what sets Mint apart from the competition, how to maintain it, and how to use it. Topics covered in the book include getting acquainted with Cinnamon, navigating the filesystem, software management, an introduction to the terminal, and more! What You Will Learn Explore Linux Mint's functions Configure and install the distribution Discover the Cinnamon user interface Manage user permissions Understand how to launch programs Learn how to use shell commands Set up Mint Firewall to prevent attacks and explore disaster recovery Play music and videos Manage digital camera photos Troubleshoot your Mint system
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Packt Publishing
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29293306