- Leverage Linux on the mainframe for a true business advantage Covers zSeries and S/390 mainframes Contains over 100 pages of reference material Includes detailed examples and maximization techniques The complete mainframe guide to leveraging the power of Linux Linux on the Mainframe is the comprehensive guide to the fastest growing trend in IT. IBM's Linux experts present peerless instruction in the art of planning for and making the most of a Linux mainframe. This book's in-depth coverage includes virtualization, deployment, data management, debugging, security, systems management, application porting, and much more. Sample companies that demonstrate the strengths and potential shortcomings of Linux on the mainframe Complete business analysis, including Total Cost of Ownership, server consolidation techniques, and IT infrastructure simplification Examples of deploying middleware and other tools In-depth introductions to the latest trends, developments, and technologies related to Linux on the mainframe Background information on mainframes and Linux for the lay reader Key techniques for deploying Linux servers and building integrated server environments For anyone involved in the planning, deploying, management, or administration of a mainframe, Linux on the Mainframe is a vital resource.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2003.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- © Pearson Technology Group 2003
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29293317