- Modern restructuring techniques for a global business landscape Corporate restructurings are an indispensable tool in building a new generation of re-engineered companies with the power and resources to compete on a global playing field. Written from a practical and historical perspective, Mergers, Acquisitions, and Corporate Restructurings, Fourth Edition carefully analyzes the strategies and motives that inspire M&As, the laws and rules that govern the field, as well as the offensive and defensive techniques of hostile acquisitions. In this thoroughly revised Fourth Edition, author and business valuation expert Patrick Gaughan provides a fresh perspective on M&As in today's global business landscape, and how your company can reap the benefits from the various forms of restructurings available. Packed with the most up-to-date research, graphs, and case studies, Mergers, Acquisitions, and Corporate Restructurings, Fourth Edition explores: * Recent takeover trends including the role of private equity firms and hedge funds * Most effective offensive and defensive tactics in hostile bids * A review of the effect of shareholder wealth on a variety of takeover actions * Modern, historical, and global perspectives on the field * The various forms of downsizing including divestitures, spinoffs, and equity carve-outs * Bankruptcy as an effective restructuring technique * Latest developments in corporate governance * Pros and cons of joint ventures and strategic alliances * Primary methods used to value public and private companies
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2007.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Wiley 2007
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29295746