Metadata Management with IBM InfoSphere Information Server [electronic resource] / Zhu, Jackie
- Zhu, Jackie
- IBM Redbooks, 2011.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (458 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Alon, Tuvia, Arkus, Gregory, Duran, Randy, Haber, Marc, Liebke, Robert, Morreale, Frank, Roth, Itzhak, Sumano, Alan, and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- What do you know about your data? And how do you know what you know about your data? Information governance initiatives address corporate concerns about the quality and reliability of information in planning and decision-making processes. Metadata management refers to the tools, processes, and environment that are provided so that organizations can reliably and easily share, locate, and retrieve information from these systems. Enterprise-wide information integration projects integrate data from these systems to one location to generate required reports and analysis. During this type of implementation process, metadata management must be provided along each step to ensure that the final reports and analysis are from the right data sources, are complete, and have quality. This IBM® Redbooks® publication introduces the information governance initiative and highlights the immediate needs for metadata management. It explains how IBM InfoSphere™ Information Server provides a single unified platform and a collection of product modules and components so that organizations can understand, cleanse, transform, and deliver trustworthy and context-rich information. It describes a typical implementation process. It explains how InfoSphere Information Server provides the functions that are required to implement such a solution and, more importantly, to achieve metadata management. This book is for business leaders and IT architects with an overview of metadata management in information integration solution space. It also provides key technical details that IT professionals can use in a solution planning, design, and implementation process.
- 9780738435992 and 0738435996
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2011.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © IBM Redbooks 2011
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29295771