- Over 70 advanced recipes for developing scalable services with the Microsoft Azure platform In Detail Beginning with the development of cloud services for Microsoft Azure, this practical Cookbook will show you the building blocks of Azure, focusing on why we should use one or the other, and when to use them appropriately. Even though reading the entire book will give you an advanced overview of the main blocks of the Azure platform, each chapter is self-contained. So, even an inexperienced reader could jump from one chapter to another without reading the entire book. Each chapter is organized into recipes - standalone units of practical tasks to complete that involve a specific feature/service of the platform. This book tries to provide a comprehensive overview of the main aspects of the Azure platform from the point of view of a developer. Some building blocks such as virtual machines are deliberately avoided to focus on development tools, development libraries, and development strategies. This is a recipe-based book; expect to dirty your hands with code that is also outside the boundaries of the recipe, as you would do with food in a real recipe! What You Will Learn Deploy a web application and worker processes to a scalable infrastructure Accelerate the life cycle of a web application without lock-in Implement scalable solutions for storage data with Blobs Develop a solution with a relational backend with SQL Database Evaluate NoSQL alternatives with Azure Table Service Implement messaging solutions with Queues, scaling, and decoupling systems Automate management operations by developing components for the Azure Management API Power up the existing infrastructure with in-memory storage with Azure Cache
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Packt Publishing
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29295986