Millennials Who Manage: How to Overcome Workplace Perceptions and Become a Great Leader [electronic resource] / Espinoza, Chip
- Millennials will be our next great generation of leaders. Today, however, as they move into management, they face difficult practical challenges. Millennials Who Manage is a complete, research-based guide to overcoming those challenges, delivering outstanding performance, and getting recognized for it. Reflecting their extensive enterprise consulting and research experience, the authors show how to transition more smoothly into management. You will gain insight into earning the respect of peers and "elders" that you are now leading, as well as your manager. You will discover you can achieve success your way, without compromising who you are or becoming someone you are not. You'll learn management skills that arguably come naturally to Millennials. Prepare to explore what really motivates Boomers and Xers whose formative experiences were different from yours and how to guide them beyond today's unhelpful stereotypes about Millennials. You'll also master the specific management and leadership competencies you need most right now -whether you're moving into frontline management or the CEO's office! Generational workplace differences: facts and fictions Separating myth from reality in multi-generational workplaces Overcoming reverse ageism and "stereotype threat" Getting past the unfair generalizations that hold you back Developing your personal leadership perspective... ...and successfully putting it into practice Mastering the 7 toughest challenges that come with transitioning to management Understand new relational dynamics, unlock motivation, take responsibility for the work of others, establish accountability, get heard, and be taken seriously
- 9780134084831, 0134086791, 9780134086798, and 0134084837
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2016.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- © Pearson Technology Group 2016
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29296891