- Mobile Security and Privacy: Advances, Challenges and Future Research Directions provides the first truly holistic view of leading edge mobile security research from Dr. Man Ho Au and Dr. Raymond Choo-leading researchers in mobile security. Mobile devices and apps have become part of everyday life in both developed and developing countries. As with most evolving technologies, mobile devices and mobile apps can be used for criminal exploitation. Along with the increased use of mobile devices and apps to access and store sensitive, personally identifiable information (PII) has come an increasing need for the community to have a better understanding of the associated security and privacy risks. Drawing upon the expertise of world-renowned researchers and experts, this volume comprehensively discusses a range of mobile security and privacy topics from research, applied, and international perspectives, while aligning technical security implementations with the most recent developments in government, legal, and international environments. The book does not focus on vendor-specific solutions, instead providing a complete presentation of forward-looking research in all areas of mobile security. The book will enable practitioners to learn about upcoming trends, scientists to share new directions in research, and government and industry decision-makers to prepare for major strategic decisions regarding implementation of mobile technology security and privacy. In addition to the state-of-the-art research advances, this book also discusses prospective future research topics and open challenges. Presents the most current and leading edge research on mobile security and privacy, featuring a panel of top experts in the field Provides a strategic and international overview of the security issues surrounding mobile technologies Covers key technical topics and provides readers with a complete understanding of the most current research findings along with future research directions and challenges Enables practitioners to learn about upcoming trends, scientists to share new directions in research, and government and industry decision-makers to prepare for major strategic decisions regarding the implementation of mobile technology security and privacy initiatives
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2017.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright ©: Elsevier Science & Technology 2017
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29297082