Molecular Thermodynamics of Fluid-Phase Equilibria [electronic resource] / Prausnitz, John
- The classic guide to mixtures, completely updated with new models, theories, examples, and data. Efficient separation operations and many other chemical processes depend upon a thorough understanding of the properties of gaseous and liquid mixtures. Molecular Thermodynamics of Fluid-Phase Equilibria, Third Edition is a systematic, practical guide to interpreting, correlating, and predicting thermodynamic properties used in mixture-related phase-equilibrium calculations. Completely updated, this edition reflects the growing maturity of techniques grounded in applied statistical thermodynamics and molecular simulation, while relying on classical thermodynamics, molecular physics, and physical chemistry wherever these fields offer superior solutions. Detailed new coverage includes: Techniques for improving separation processes and making them more environmentally friendly. Theoretical concepts enabling the description and interpretation of solution properties. New models, notably the lattice-fluid and statistical associated-fluid theories. Polymer solutions, including gas-polymer equilibria, polymer blends, membranes, and gels. Electrolyte solutions, including semi-empirical models for solutions containing salts or volatile electrolytes. Coverage also includes: fundamentals of classical thermodynamics of phase equilibria; thermodynamic properties from volumetric data; intermolecular forces; fugacities in gas and liquid mixtures; solubilities of gases and solids in liquids; high-pressure phase equilibria; virial coefficients for quantum gases; and much more. Throughout, Molecular Thermodynamics of Fluid-Phase Equilibria strikes a perfect balance between empirical techniques and theory, and is replete with useful examples and experimental data. More than ever, it is the essential resource for engineers, chemists, and other professionals working with mixtures and related processes.
- 9780132441902 and 9780139777455
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 1999.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Pearson 1999
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29297287