Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Handbook: A Guide for Data Administrators, Developers, and Business Analysts [electronic resource] / Palinski, John
- Palinski, John
- Addison-Wesley Professional, 2002.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (528 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Concise and practical, this indispensable volume brings the world's most popular Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), its query language SQL, and its programming language PL/SQL into clear focus for today's busy database professional or business analyst. Covering the most commonly used Oracle features, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Handbook is ideal for the developer or business user challenged with implementing, maintaining, and retrieving mission-critical data within the Oracle database environment. Broadly designed as both a basic reference and how-to, this book offers extensive coverage of Oracle's SQL language and database concepts, providing an excellent review for the Oracle certification exams. The initial chapters offer a complete introduction to the relational database environment, including a discussion of how to use the logical data model to understand the database. Oracle database objects are explored, along with uses of the Data Definition Language (DDL), the Data Control Language (DCL), and the Data Manipulation Language (DML). Later chapters offer complete coverage of the Select command used to retrieve information from the database. Also included are coverage of Oracle's new analytic functions, a chapter on performance-tuning techniqes needed for complex SQL, and a detailed overview of Oracle's PL/SQL language. In addition, many chapters provide practice questions designed to reinforce newly introduced concepts, as well as numerous examples of SQL techniques. The broad-based and comprehensive coverage also includes: Understanding the database using entity relationship diagrams and database schema diagrams Applying the Data Definition, Data Control, and Data Manipulation languages to create and maintain the database Using the SQL language to retrieve information from the database Creating special business information using Oracle's new analytic functions Making your SQL perform better with common troubleshooting techniques Producing business information with business objects Using Java with PL/SQL Authoritative and practical, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL Handbook provides today's administrator and business analyst alike with the most comprehensive sourcebook of solutions and techniques for improving their use of Oracle. 0201752948B07152002
- 9780201752946 and 0201752948
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2003.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Addison-Wesley Professional 2003
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29299377