Physics, Fun and Beyond: Electrifying Projects and Inventions from Recycled and Low-Cost Materials [electronic resource] / de Campos Valadares, Eduardo
- de Campos Valadares, Eduardo
- Pearson, 2005.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (368 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Safari Books Online (Firm)
- "The best magic is that which involves absolutely no sleight-of-hand, only the unexpected yet natural workings of nature. Physics, Fun, and Beyond is chock full of just this kind of magic-simple yet fascinating experiments, easy to follow and colorful drawings, and fun facts. Simply wonderful!" - Roald Hoffmann , 1981 Nobel Prize Laureate in Chemistry Pure Fun, Pure Excitement: You';ve Never Learned Physics Like This Before! Physics is pure excitement: nothing';s more fun than discovering how the world works and exploring its many possibilities! With Physics, Fun, and Beyond , you';ll grab the universe in your own two hands as you build more than 110 projects that uncover the physics beneath everyday life! Most of these projects are amazingly easy to build: all you';ll need are your everyday household tools and cheap (sometimes even free ) materials. From wind tunnels to flying saucers, you';ll learn exactly how to safely build these experiments, why they work, and what they mean. Learn about all this, and more: Step on eggs without breaking them...and understand the principles of material strength Build the "Magic Can" that teaches you about the different kinds of energy Discover why the Earth isn';t exactly round Learn more about gravity, with the "Astronaut in the Elevator" experiment Use pendulums to visualize radio/TV frequencies and broadcasting Feel pressure by sitting on a bed of nails Build hydraulic robots to discover how you can transmit and amplify forces Construct wings and wind tunnels that show why airplanes fly Learn about optics by making bottles invisible Recreate the sun and sky to realize why the sky is blue Demonstrate the "greenhouse effect" with a homemade solar heater Get water to climb walls-as you understand cohesion and adhesion Build "wireless phones" that capture sound and make acoustics fun Create simple motors that display the basics of electromagnetism Physics, Fun, and Beyond is for kids, teenagers, teachers, parents, homeschoolers...everyone from 10 to 100 with curiosity and a passion for discovery and new challenges! © Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved
- 9780132442343, 0131856731, 9780131856738, and 0132442345
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2006.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- © Pearson Technology Group 2006
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29300445