- Skillfully navigate through the complex realm of implementing scalable, trustworthy industrial systems and architectures in a hyper-connected business world. Key Features Gain practical insight into security concepts in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) architecture Demystify complex topics such as cryptography and blockchain Comprehensive references to industry standards and security frameworks when developing IIoT blueprints Book Description Securing connected industries and autonomous systems is a top concern for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) community. Unlike cybersecurity, cyber-physical security is an intricate discipline that directly ties to system reliability as well as human and environmental safety. Practical Industrial Internet of Things Security enables you to develop a comprehensive understanding of the entire spectrum of securing connected industries, from the edge to the cloud. This book establishes the foundational concepts and tenets of IIoT security by presenting real-world case studies, threat models, and reference architectures. You'll work with practical tools to design risk-based security controls for industrial use cases and gain practical know-how on the multi-layered defense techniques including Identity and Access Management (IAM), endpoint security, and communication infrastructure. Stakeholders, including developers, architects, and business leaders, can gain practical insights in securing IIoT lifecycle processes, standardization, governance and assess the applicability of emerging technologies, such as blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning, to design and implement resilient connected systems and harness significant industrial opportunities. What you will learn Understand the crucial concepts of a multi-layered IIoT security framework Gain insight on securing identity, access, and configuration management for large-scale IIoT deployments Secure your machine-to-machine (M2M) and machine-to-cloud (M2C) connectivity Build a concrete security program for your IIoT deployment Explore techniques from case studies on industrial IoT threat modeling and mitigation approaches Learn risk management and mitigation planning Who this book is for Practical Industrial Internet of Things Security is for the IIoT community, which includes IIoT researchers, security professionals, architects, developers, and business stakeholders. Anyone who needs to have a comprehensive understanding of the uni...
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2018.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Packt Publishing 2018
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29301051