- Practical UNIX address the concerns of the beginning to intermediate UNIX user. Practical UNIX teaches what its namesake promises--practical applications and information that you can easily find and use. You can count on this book to provide solid reference information and practical knowledge necessary to master the ever-complex UNIX. Topics covered in Practical UNIX include listing, finding, displaying, and printing files, generating and using file lists, system security, command-line editing, introduction to Emacs, accessing other UNIX systems on the network and Internet, writing Bourne Shell Scripts, and writing Perl Programs.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2000.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Que 2000
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29301211