Precious Metals for Biomedical Applications [electronic resource] / Baltzer, Niklaus
- Baltzer, Niklaus
- Woodhead Publishing, 2014.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (236 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Copponnex, Thierry and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Precious metals and semi-precious metals are used for an increasing number of medical applications due to the properties of these metals and their alloys. Precious Metals for Biomedical Applications reviews the properties of precious metals and their resulting applications in medicine. Part one outlines the fundamentals of precious metals for biomedical applications, discussing their useful properties, such as biocompatibility and corrosion resistance. Part two goes on to provide an overview of the applications of precious metals in biomedicine, including dental, therapeutic, tissue engineering, and bioimaging applications. It discusses the advantages of the structure and properties of precious metals for these applications. Precious Metals for Biomedical Applications is a key reference for material scientists and academics concerned with the properties and uses of these metals. Provides a useful review of this group of materials' unique properties and applications Examines the fundamentals of precious metals for biomedical applications, before looking at a wide range of applications of precious metals in medicine
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2014.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright ©: Elsevier Science & Technology 2014
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29301345