- Master the full range of development features provided by Google App Engine to build and run scalable web applications in Python In Detail Google App Engine is a key component of the Google Cloud Platform and one of the most comprehensive cloud services. Together with Python, the first programming language ever supported by the platform, Google App Engine favors rapid development, significantly contributing to the success of your projects. This book will guide you through the Google Cloud Platform starting from the basics all the way through successfully designing, building, and running modern and scalable web applications in Python with Google App Engine. From authentication to data storage, and from asynchronous jobs to server push techniques, you will learn how to use services such as datastore, cloud storage, Cloud SQL, task queues and channels in a Python application based on web frameworks such as Webapp2 and Django. As the topics in this book are covered in a step-by-step fashion, you will get to grips with the information quickly and easily. What You Will Learn Persist and manage data in the cloud datastore with the NDB Python API Run asynchronous tasks with task queue and Cron Set up, use, and manage a MySQL server instance on Cloud SQL Employ channels to develop real-time applications with push notifications from the server Write a complete Django application using Cloud SQL as the data backend Use cloud endpoints to rapidly provide REST APIs for your mobile clients
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Packt Publishing
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29302945