- Making your life easier with automated testing of Python is the sole aim of this book. Because it's a cookbook, you can take things at your own pace, in your own order, and learn practical application rather than nebulous theory. Learn to write tests at every level using a variety of Python testing tools The first book to include detailed screenshots and recipes for using Jenkins continuous integration server (formerly known as Hudson) Explore innovative ways to introduce automated testing to legacy systems Written by Greg L. Turnquist - senior software engineer and author of Spring Python 1.1 Part of Packt's Cookbook series: Each recipe is a carefully organized sequence of instructions to complete the task as efficiently as possible In Detail Are you looking at new ways to write better, more efficient tests? Are you struggling to add automated testing to your existing system? The Python unit testing framework, originally referred to as "PyUnit" and now known as unittest, is a framework that makes it easier for you to write automated test suites efficiently in Python. This book will show you exactly how to squeeze every ounce of value out of automated testing. The Python Testing Cookbook will empower you to write tests using lots of Python test tools, code samples, screenshots, and detailed explanations. By learning how and when to write tests at every level, you can vastly improve the quality of your code and your personal skill set. Packed with lots of test examples, this will become your go-to book for writing good tests. This practical cookbook covers lots of test styles including unit-level, test discovery, doctest, BDD, acceptance, smoke, and load testing. It will guide you to use popular Python tools effectively and discover how to write custom extensions. You will learn how to use popular continuous integration systems like Jenkins (formerly known as Hudson) and TeamCity to automatically test your code upon check in. This book explores Python's built-in ability to run code found embedded in doc strings and also plugging in to popular web testing tools like Selenium. By the end of this book, you will be proficient in many test tactics and be ready to apply them to new applications as well as legacy ones.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © 2011 Packt Publishing
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29303076