Rebooting Work: Transform How You Work in the Age of Entrepreneurship [electronic resource] / Webb, Maynard
- Webb, Maynard
- Jossey-Bass, 2013.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (224 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Adler, Carlye and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- From Silicon Valley leader Maynard Webb, how we can leverage technology to change how we work Maynard Webb has always been the go-to guy when Silicon Valley companies have thorny problems. Whether revamping eBay's crashing servers (transforming their technology weaknesses into a competitive strength) or investing in emerging technology start-ups, Webb brings strategic and operational savvy to every issue and venture. In his first book, Webb brings this same focus to tackle outdated models of work, created a century ago, which no longer sync up with either individual or employers' needs. Through a unique framework, Webb identifies 4 different mindsets around work (the company man, CEO of your own destiny, disenchanted employee, and the aspiring entrepreneur). It organizes those who are self-motivated versus those who are waiting to be discovered and aims to give readers the tools to become more self-actualized, happier, and ultimately more fulfilled in their careers. In identifying a paradigm shift that is already under way, Webb demonstrates clearly how to harness technology to embrace our own personal happiness, allowing people to become more productive at work and also spend more time with their families. Contains a framework that demonstrates how we can leverage technology to create better job opportunities and foster more balanced lives Written by Maynard Webb, chairman of LiveOps, former COO of e-Bay, founder of Webb Investment Network (WIN), and board member of Yahoo! and salesforce.com Includes personalized worksheets and empowering action-oriented advice Rebooting Work reveals how anyone can take control of his or her own future, finding greater fulfillment, productivity, and happiness.
- 9781118226155, 9781118421246, and 1118226151
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2013.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Jossey-Bass 2013
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29303772