- So, you've been laid off. Or you see it coming. You're not alone. And it's not your fault: you're just one of millions of smart, high-quality people who are being shown the door. But none of that makes it feel any better! What can you do? What should you do? How do you cope with the havoc that losing your job can cause? This sympathetic, practical book brings together all the answers you need to empower yourself, and come back stronger than ever. Author Martha Finney is one of the nation's leading workplace experts: her research has been featured on CNN, NPR's Morning Edition, and in major newspapers across the country. Drawing on powerful insights and personal stories from an enormous network of experts, she brings together all the knowledge and resources you'll need to regain mastery over your life. Finney answers questions like: How can I keep getting laid off from wrecking my life? How can I protect my professional reputation and career path? How do I get past the anger? Why haven't I heard from my coworkers? How do I keep all my options open? How do I tell my family, without damaging their faith in their own futures? What are my rights? Can I sue? Should I? How do I keep this from happening again? From start to finish, this book will help you identify your best next steps: the steps that'll help you get past the trauma and move forward, emotionally, financially, in your career, and in every part of your life.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2009.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- © Pearson Technology Group 2009
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29303773