Reduce Risk and Improve Security on IBM Mainframes: Volume 3 Mainframe Subsystem and Application Security [electronic resource] / Buecker, Axel
- Buecker, Axel
- IBM Redbooks, 2015.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (192 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Kanke, Marcela, Mohanan, Mohit, Oliveira, Vinicius, Ramalingam, Vinodkumar, Rowley, David, Thalouth, Botrous, Thielmann, Jan, and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- This IBM® Redbooks® publication documents the strength and value of the IBM security strategy with IBM z™ Systems hardware and software. In an age of increasing security consciousness and more and more dangerous advanced persistent threats, IBM z Systems™ provides the capabilities to address the needs of today's business security challenges. This publication explores how z Systems hardware is designed to provide integrity, process isolation, and cryptographic capability to help address security requirements. We highlight the features of IBM z/OS® and other operating systems, which offer a variety of customizable security elements. We discuss z/OS and other operating systems and additional software that use the building blocks of z Systems hardware to provide solutions to business security needs. We also explore the perspective from the view of an enterprise security architect and how a modern mainframe has to fit into an overarching enterprise security architecture. This book is part of a three-volume series that focuses on guiding principles for optimized mainframe security configuration within a holistic enterprise security architecture. The series' intended audience includes enterprise security architects, planners, and managers who are interested in exploring how the security design and features of z Systems, the z/OS operating system, and associated software address current issues such as data encryption, authentication, authorization, network security, auditing, ease of security administration, and monitoring.
- 9780738441023 and 0738441023
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © IBM Redbooks
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29303872