Relentless Innovation: What Works, What Doesn't--And What That Means For Your Business [electronic resource] / Phillips, Jeffrey
- You can't ask for more than efficient, effective operations. Or can you? Given today's business landscape-increasing customer demand, global competition, lower trade barriers-being good isn't enough. This groundbreaking guide provides the knowledge and tools you need to transform your organization from a well-run company to a relentlessly innovative company. Innovation expert Jeffrey Phillips has helped businesses around the world achieve the dream-the implementation of innovation as a consistent business discipline. In Relentless Innovation , he reveals his secrets for the first time. Phillips argues that today's typical business models actually impede innovation because they place so much focus on efficiency, cost cutting, and short-term gain. Does this describe your business model? If it does, you need to revisit your approach and redefine your idea of what success actually is. You may find that your "business as usual" processes actively reject innovation efforts. Relentless Innovation has everything you need to strike the right balance between efficiency and innovation. Striking that balance will help your firm: Become proactive instead of reactive Create a more engaged workforce Establish deeper capabilities to define and achieve strategic goals Increase revenues and profits while retaining efficient cost management Sustain market differentiation Improve your public reputation Increase your ability to leverage internal knowledge and external partnerships Offering the broadest view to date of the relationship between innovation and business strategy, Relentless Innovation provides you with the information and tools you need to transform innovation from an infrequent activity to a core capability in your organization. PRAISE FOR RELENTLESS INNOVATION "A thoughtful, intelligent, and practical manifesto by a highly experienced innovation professional. Phillips demonstrates with clarity and insight how organizations can assess their current innovation potential, identify vulnerabilities, and most important, create a systemic innovation-as-usual culture that can make the difference between also-ran and yes-we-can." -Tim Hurson, author of Think Better " Relentless Innovation is a must read for innovation junkies and executives who want practical ideas on creating an innovation business-as-usual culture. Phillips has worked in the innovation trenches and shares big-win ideas on how to unleash trapped middle management potential." -Saul Kaplan, F...
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2012.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © McGraw-Hill 2012 2012
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29303984