Safety Design for Space Operations [electronic resource] / Allahdadi, Firooz
- Endorsed by the International Association for the Advancement of Space Safety (IAASS) and drawing on the expertise of the world's leading experts in the field, Safety Design for Space Operations provides the practical how-to guidance and knowledge base needed to facilitate effective launch-site and operations safety in line with current regulations. With information on space operations safety design currently disparate and difficult to find in one place, this unique reference brings together essential material on: Best design practices relating to space operations, such as the design of spaceport facilities. Advanced analysis methods, such as those used to calculate launch and re-entry debris fall-out risk. Implementation of safe operation procedures, such as on-orbit space traffic management. Safety considerations relating to the general public and the environment in addition to personnel and asset protection. Taking in launch operations safety relating unmanned missions, such as the launch of probes and commercial satellites, as well as manned missions, Safety Design for Space Operations provides a comprehensive reference for engineers and technical managers within aerospace and high technology companies, space agencies, spaceport operators, satellite operators and consulting firms. Fully endorsed by the International Association for the Advancement of Space Safety (IAASS), with contributions from leading experts at NASA, the European Space Agency (EASA) and the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), amongst others Covers all aspects of space operations relating to safety of the general public, as well as the protection of valuable assets and the environment Focuses on launch operations safety relating to manned and unmanned missions, such as the launch of probes and commercial satellites
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2013.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright ©: Elsevier Science & Technology 2013
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29304599