- Fully updated edition of the comprehensive, single-source reference on satellite technology and its applications Covering both the technology and its applications, Satellite Technology is a concise reference on satellites for commercial, scientific and military purposes. The book explains satellite technology fully, beginning by offering an introduction to the fundamentals, before covering orbits and trajectories, launch and in-orbit operations, hardware, communication techniques, multiple access techniques, and link design fundamentals. This new edition also includes comprehensive chapters on Satellite Networks and Satellite Technology - Emerging Trends. Providing a complete survey of applications, from remote sensing and military uses, to navigational and scientific applications, the authors also present an inclusive compendium on satellites and satellite launch vehicles. Filled with diagrams and illustrations, this book serves as an ideal introduction for those new to the topic, as well as a reference point for professionals. Fully updated edition of the comprehensive, single-source reference on satellite technology and its applications - remote sensing, weather, navigation, scientific, and military - including new chapters on Satellite Networks and Satellite Technology - Emerging Trends Covers the full range of satellite applications in remote sensing, meteorology, the military, navigation and science, and communications, including satellite-to-under sea communication, satellite cell-phones, and global Xpress system of INMARSAT The cross-disciplinary coverage makes the book an essential reference book for professionals, R&D scientists and students at post graduate level Companion website provides a complete compendium on satellites and satellite launch vehicles An ideal introduction for Professionals and R&D scientists in the field. Engineering Students. Cross disciplinary information for engineers and technical managers. Note: The ebook version does not provide access to the companion files.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Wiley
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29305041