SharePoint 2003 Advanced Concepts: Site Definitions, Custom Templates, and Global Customizations [electronic resource] / Nadrowski, Jason
- Nadrowski, Jason
- Addison-Wesley Professional, 2006.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (288 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Draper, Stacy and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- In SharePoint 2003 Advanced Concepts , two world-class SharePoint consultants show how to make SharePoint "jump through hoops" for you-and do exactly what you want. Jason Nadrowski and Stacy Draper have built some of the most diverse SharePoint enterprise implementations. Now, drawing on their extraordinary "in the trenches" experience, they present solutions, techniques, and examples you simply won't find anywhere else. SharePoint 2003 Advanced Concepts addresses every facet of SharePoint customization, from site definitions and templates to document libraries and custom properties. The authors cover both Windows SharePoint Services and SharePoint Portal Server 2003 and illuminate SharePoint's interactions with other technologies-helping you troubleshoot problems far more effectively. Next time you encounter a tough SharePoint development challenge, don't waste time: get your proven solution right here, in SharePoint 2003 Advanced Concepts . • Construct more powerful site and list templates • Control how SharePoint uses ghosted and unghosted pages • Use custom site definitions to gain finer control over your site • Build list definitions with custom metadata, views, and forms • Troubleshoot WEBTEMP, ONET.XML, SCHEMA.XML, SharePoint databases, and their interactions • Create custom property types to extend SharePoint's functionality • Integrate with other systems and SharePoint sites so that you can use their information more effectively • Customize themes and interactive Help, one step at a time • Customize email alerts and system notifications • Extend the capabilities of document libraries • Control document display and behavior based on extensions
- 9780321336613 and 0321336615
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2006.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © 2006 Pearson Education, Inc. 2006
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29305789