SharePoint 2010 Site Owner's Manual: Flexible Collaboration without Programming [electronic resource] / Harryman, Yvonne
- SharePoint 2010 Site Owner's Manual teaches you what SharePoint 2010 is all about and how to get started using it. The book also includes step-by-step scenarios for implementing real-world scenarios. You will learn how to build powerful sites leveraging SharePoint's out-of-the-box functionality along with other helpful tools such as InfoPath, Access, and SharePoint Designer. About this Book This book is a guide for business users without programming skills who want to build their own SharePoint sites. With it, you'll learn how to set up document sharing, trackable workflows, and many other business applications. You'll go step-by-step through real-world scenarios like content management, business intelligence, sharing information on the web, and search. Along the way, you'll learn how to interact with other business tools like Access, InfoPath, and SharePoint Designer. This book is designed for SharePoint users who want to become tech-savvy in configuring SharePoint's out-of-the-box functionality. No programming or system administration experience is required. What's Inside Go from user to power user Build on out-of-the-box features Customize your SharePoint site About the Author Yvonne M. Harryman is an Architect at Microsoft, specializing in SharePoint technologies. She has implemented and designed SharePoint solutions for clients such as the White House, the US Air Force, National Institute of Health, Iron Mountain, Ingersoll-Rand, and many others. Contents PART 1 GETTING STARTED WITH SHAREPOINT Leveraging the power of SharePoint A deeper dive into SharePoint capabilities Creating sites using site and list templates PART 2 IMPLEMENTATIONS USING REAL-WORLD SCENARIOS Setting up a document collaboration site everaging enterprise content management features Publishing information to the web Empowering users with business intelligence Creating application sites with SharePoint Designer Collecting and managing data by integrating with InfoPath Reporting and web applications using Access Pulling it all together with search, My Sites, and cross-site functionality
- 9781933988757 and 1933988754
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Manning Publications
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29305812