- Get a fast start to using AlwaysOn, the SQL Server solution to high-availability and disaster recovery. Read this short, 150-page book that is adapted from Peter Carter's Pro SQL Server Administration to gain a solid and accurate understanding of how to implement systems requiring consistent and continuous uptime. Begin with an introduction to high-availability and disaster recovery concepts such as Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs), Recovery Time Objectives (RTO), availability levels, and the cost of downtime. Then move into detailed coverage of implementing and configuring the AlwaysOn feature set in order to meet the business objectives set by your organization. SQL Server AlwaysOn Revealed offers real-world advice on how to build and configure the most appropriate topology to meet the high-availability and disaster recovery requirements you are faced with. Content includes strong coverage on implementing clusters, on building AlwaysOn failover clustered instances, and on configuring AlwaysOn Availability Groups. This is a practical and hand-on book to get you started quickly in using one of the most talked-about SQL Server feature sets. Teaches you to build HA and DR solutions using the AlwaysOn feature set Provides real-world advice on configuration and performance considerations Demonstrates administrative techniques for the AlwaysOn feature set
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2015.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © 2015 By Peter A Carter 2015
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29306989