Strata Conference New York 2011: Video Compilation [electronic resource] / O'Reilly Media, Inc..
- O'Reilly Media, Inc
- O'Reilly Media, Inc., 2011.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 video file, approximately 48 hr., 10 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Wilder-James, Edd and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- The Best of Strata New York 2011: Learn the tools for making data work with this complete video series Demand has skyrocketed for data scientists proficient in the technologies for gleaning insight and utility from big data. At O'Reilly's Strata New York Conference in September 2011, developers and data professionals learned about the best tools and technologies for everything from gathering, cleaning, analyzing, and storing data to communicating data intelligence effectively. This video compilation gives you access to every session Tune into hardcore technical sessions on parallel computing, machine learning, and interactive visualizations. Examine case studies from finance, media, healthcare, and technology. And get provocative reports from experts and innovators. Join Ken Bado (MarkLogic CEO), Alistair Croll, (Bitcurrent Founder), Mark Madsen (Third Nature CEO), and 75 other presenters as they explore new methods to make data work. Included among the 30 sessions you'll receive in this video package: Data: Bringing the Rest of the World into Your Data Warehouse-Philip Kromer (Infochimps) Journey or Destination: Using Models to Explore Big Data-Ben Gimpert (Altos Research) Taming Data Logistics: the Hardest Part of Data Science-Ken Farmer (IBM) Business: When Elephants Mate: Will Hadoop Transform Banking?-Abhishek Mehta (Tresata) Extracting Microbial Threats from Big Data-Robert Munro (EpidemicIQ, Global Viral Forecasting) Do it Right: Proven Techniques for Exploiting Big Data Analytics-Bill Schmarzo (EMC) Interfaces: Designing Data Visualizations: Telling Stories with Data-Noah Iliinsky (Complex Diagrams) Chart Wars: The Political Power of Data Visualization-Alex Lundry (TargetPoint Consulting) How to Avoid Some Common Graphical Mistakes-Naomi Robbins (NBR)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29307326