Technical Drawing with Engineering Graphics, Fifteenth Edition [electronic resource] / Giesecke, Frederick
- This full-color text offers a clear, complete introduction and detailed reference for creating 3D models and 2D documentation drawings. Building on its reputation as a trusted reference, this edition expands on the role that 3D CAD databases now play in design and documentation. Superbly integrated illustrations, text, step-by-step instructions, and navigation make it easier than ever to master key skills and knowledge. Throughout, the authors demonstrate 3D and 2D drawing skills and CAD usage in real-world work practice in today's leading disciplines. They combine strong technical detail, real-world examples, and current standards, materials, industries, and processes-all in a format that is efficient, colorful, and visual. Features: Splash Spread: Appealing chapter opener provides contextand motivation. References and Web Links: Useful weblinks and standardsprovided upfront in each chapter. Understanding Section: Foundational introductions, tabbedfor easy navigation, outline each topic's importance, use,visualization tips, and theory. Detail Section: Detailed, well-tested explanations of drawing techniques, variations, and examples-organized intoquick-read sections, numbered for easy reference. CAD at Work Section: Breakout pages offer tips on generating drawings from 2D or 3D models. Portfolio Section: Examples of finished drawings show how techniques are applied in the real world. Key Words: Italicized on first reference, summarized after each chapter. Chapter: Summaries and Review Questions: Efficiently reinforce learning. Exercises: Outstanding problem sets with updated exercises, including parts, assembly drawings from CAD models, sketching problems, and orthographic projections.
- 9780134580869 and 9780134306414
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2017.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Peachpit Press 2017
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29308316