The Definitive Guide to Business Finance: What smart managers do with the numbers, Second Edition [electronic resource] / Stutely, Richard
- 'Aspiring managers who have trouble with crunching numbers may have found a saviour in Richard Stutely.' The Guardian '... a powerful tool for anyone involved with practical financial management issues. It is a superb balance between practical tips and hints and sufficient level of detail to enable you to challenge and make progress in improving the financial and operational performance of your organisation. It consciously avoids the sterile academic debates and focuses clearly on value added ideas and initiatives. The 10 questions sections are incredibly powerful.' Simon Rogers, Senior Consultant in Big 4 Global Professional Services Firm Don't let a fear of finance hold you back. Play the numbers game ... and win. If you're a manager or entrepreneur and you're not proficient in the basics of business finance, you simply can't do your job well. If you need to get to grips with essentials like P&L accounts, budgets and forecasting, this is the only book you'll ever need. The Definitive Guide to Business Finance is focused on getting you up to speed - fast. Richard Stutely achieves what you might think is impossible, making business finance easy with an amusing, wry and common sense style that will make you wonder what you ever worried about. This book is a survival toolkit on the financial essentials. It assumes no specialised prior knowledge of finance and takes a guided step-by-step approach to all the techniques and concepts you need to understand, explaining the hows, whats and whys along the way. To make things even easier, it shows you how to use basic Excel spreadsheets to do all the calculations for you. Throughout the book, Richard Stutely shoes you how to crack the jargon and unveils shortcuts, tips and tricks that will make you look like a financial wizard. I f you're not yet a whiz with the numbers, you can definitely use this book to your advantage. If you're already a whiz, you will still find something new to improve your skills. Make the numbers add up for you.
- 9780131370425, 0273710958, 9780273710950, and 0131370421
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2006.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- © Pearson Technology Group 2006
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29309634