The End of the Risk-Free Rate: Investing When Structural Forces Change Government Debt [electronic resource] / Emons, Ben
- Emons, Ben
- McGraw-Hill, 2013.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (224 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Safari Books Online (Firm)
- A NEW FINANCIAL STRATEGY FOR A NEW FINANCIAL WORLD As an investor, you've probably taken advantage of the risk-free rates in the postcrash economy by putting your money into bonds, stocks, commodities, and currencies. With the rise of government debt across the globe, you can no longer rely on the notion of "safe" to perform as expected. You need to adapt your investing strategy to a new financial reality. Filled with expert tips, this step-by-step guide walks you through all of your investment options, showing you how each will be affected by the end of the risk-free rate. You'll learn: What you should know before buying bonds and Treasury bills How to recognize and invest in the strongest emerging markets How to choose between government and corporate options What the debt-to-GDP ratio means for you and your investments How to evaluate foreign markets in the rapidly changing global economy With the author's guidance, you'll discover that you don't need to stop investing in government bonds and other popular options--you just need to invest differently. You'll learn about combining liquid means, ETFs, mutual funds, and individual securities. You'll gain insights into market depth, liquidity, and capital flows--and how they change depending on regulations, costs, and other factors. You'll see how the debt situations in countries like Mexico and Italy can have an immediate impact on investors around the world. You'll find new ways to think about investing in a changing economic landscape. Most importantly, you'll learn how to assess risk in different markets. An essential guide in these fascinating times, The End of the Risk-Free Rate marks a new beginning for today's investor.
- 9780071819534 and 9780071819527
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2013.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © McGraw-Hill 2013 2013
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29309895