The Essential Guide to Physics for Flash Games, Animation, and Simulations [electronic resource] / Ramtal, Dev
- Ramtal, Dev
- Apress, 2011.
- 1st edition
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (558 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Dobre, Adrian and Safari Books Online (Firm)
- Physics for Flash Games, Animation, and Simulations teaches ActionScript programmers how to incorporate real physics into their Flash animations, games, user interfaces, and simulations. Introduces Flash physics in an accurate, but approachable way, covering what is required to produce physically realistic simulations (as opposed to animations that look roughly right) Packed full of practical examples of how physics can be applied to your own games and applications Addresses the diverse needs of game developers, animators, artists, and e-learning developers The book assumes a basic knowledge of ActionScript and Flash. However, no previous knowledge of physics is required-only some very basic math skills. The authors present everything from basic principles to advanced concepts, so you'll be able to follow the logic and easily adapt the principles to your own applications. The book builds on your physics knowledge, enabling you to create not only visual effects, but also more complex models and simulations. What you'll learn Basic math and physics you'll need to incorporate realism into your games, animations and simulations How to incorporate a wide range of forces, including environmental forces such as gravity and friction, and forces due to fluids, such as drag and upthrust How to build a number of realistic simulations, like submarines and flight simulators How to model particle systems and use them for generative art and to create effects, such as smoke Numerical subtleties, including accuracy and stability of integration schemes and handling boundary conditions properly; and how and when to use approximations and analytical solutions Who this book is for Flash developers interested in incorporating real physics into their games, animations, simulations or generative art projects.
- 9781430236740 and 1430236744
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2011.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Apress 2011
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29309960