- 100 muscle-building, fat-burning recipes, with meal plans to sculpt your warrior body Ever wonder how professional MMA fighters in the UFC prepare their bodies for fights? The real training often starts in the kitchen, where the right meals at the right times can give fighters everything they need to be ready for their next match. Fighters fuel their bodies with precise nutrients delivered at specific times to achieve their functional physiques--and now you can too. The Fighter's Kitchen provides expert guidance on what and when to eat, and it helps you understand how our bodies use what we eat to burn fat and build lean, strong muscle. Through phased weekly meal plans, expert insight on how and when to take full advantage of your body's muscle-building capabilities, and 100 delicious recipes, you'll find yourself looking ring ready even if you have no plans to step into one. ---------- "Chris has been my in-camp nutritionist for two-plus years and has worked with me for five training camps in a row. With his help and cooking skills, I've been able to train harder and make weight easier. I was instantly amazed with how much food I was able to eat and still lose weight. Many of the recipes in this book are not only healthy, but they also look and taste great!" - Daniel Jacobs , current IBF world middleweight boxing champion and former WBA world middleweight boxing champion "This book helped me lean up and perform better during training and competition without feeling like I'm on a diet or having cravings. The recipes Chris give you are simple, delicious, and nutritious. It's an easy-to-follow lifestyle and the results have been amazing for me-and they'll be tremendous for you." - Aung La Nsang , professional MMA fighter and current ONE world middleweight champion and ONE world light heavyweight champion "Chris Algieri is one of the biggest and most fit boxers at his weight class and is a world champion. He makes me confident that not only will I make weight, but I will also perform at my peak performance. He made specific adjustments for my body type and has a great understanding of individual needs. This book will be a great resource for anybody." - Dennis Bermudez , retired UFC fighter "Chris has helped me with my diet for my entire 10-year career in mixed martial arts. He has helped with my day-to-day nutrition in and out of fight camps, my weight-cut protocol, and my rehydration program for after weigh-ins, which to me are the most importan...
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2019.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © Alpha 2019 2019
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29310055