- From Uber to the presidential debates, the gig economy has been dominating the headlines...and for good reason. Today, more than a third of Americans are working in the gig economy-mixing together short-term jobs, contract work, and freelance assignments. For those who've figured out the formula, life has never been better! The Gig Economy is your guide to this uncertain but ultimately rewarding world. Succeeding in it starts with shifting gears to recognize that only you control your future. Next is leveraging your skills, knowledge, and network to create your own career trajectory-one immune to the whims of an employer. Packed with research, exercises, and anecdotes, this eye-opening book supplies strategies-ranging from the professional to the personal-to help you: Construct a life based on your priorities and vision of success Cultivate connections without networking Create your own security Take more time off Build flexibility into your financial life Face your fears by reducing risk Prepare for the future And much more Layoffs... recessions...Corporate jobs are not only unstable- they're increasingly scarce. It's time to take charge of your own career and lead the life you actually want.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2017.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © AMACOM 2017 2017
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29310227