- The Classic Guide to Business Communications . . . Updated for a New Generation of Media-Savvy Leaders Even with the latest high-tech tools and communication options, the simple truth is this: You need to look, act, and sound like a leader to succeed in today's world. According to top executive coach Granville Toogood, "Wonderful things happen when people talk face-to- face." His proven secrets of professional speaking give you the power and confidence to command any audience--in any situation-and get results. "An indispensable tool for executive success." -- Zbigniew Brzezinski, Robert E. Osgood Professor of American foreign policy at Johns Hopkins University's School of Advanced International Studies "Granville Toogood is a brilliant communicator and teacher who has made world-class communicators out of our people." -- Michael Koffler, Chairman, Young President's Organization "The beauty of Granville Toogood's method is how simple it is to implement." -- Scudder Fowler, CEO, The Liminal Group "Granville Toogood is a transformational teacher and coach. His new book is a must read for anyone hoping to effectively engage an audience or lead organizations." -- Sean Geehan, President, The Geehan Group "Makes the capable business person more capable, more successful, and definitely more confident." -- Martha Stewart Corporate coach Granville Toogood has trained some of the biggest names in business today--including 38 top executives in the Fortune 50--and his bestselling book, The Articulate Executive , has become the gold standard when it comes to public speaking and corporate communications. This all-new edition provides you with the most powerful speaking tools and techniques from Toogood's acclaimed workshops--so you can look, act, and sound like a leader in any situation. Using his proven step-by-step system, you can: Position yourself as a leader in your industry. Command any venue and compel any audience. Use the "8-second rule" to make a strong first impression. Speak with the confidence of a CEO. Outperform in any presentation. Whether you are giving a speech, making a presentation, conducting a meeting, or simply talking one-on-one, these tried-and-true communication techniques are guaranteed to help you step up your game and speak like a pro. The book is filled with easy-to-use checklists and essential tips to help you organize your thoughts and deliver your message--with confidence, style, and great success. In addition, you'll learn h...
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2010.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © McGraw-Hill 2010 2010
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 29311041